Home » » Polkadoodles Case It challenge

Polkadoodles Case It challenge

Written By Unknown on Friday, August 5, 2011 | 1:00 AM

This week's Polkadoodles challenge has been set by Lou and she wants you to use a previous DT card or project as your inspiration, and "CASE IT"


 I decided to use a card by Ruth, I love her clean style, it's something that I just don't seem to be able to get to grips with.
 Here is Ruth's Card


and here's my version


I love the Kraft card but don't have any so I decided to use brown parcel paper, which I buy rolls of at my local Poundland, I cut the scalloped square with a Go Kreate die, attached it to a square (with rounded corners) of blue card, added faux stitching, wrapped string around, threading it through a hole in the sentiment circle as I went, and attached the whole thing to the front of a blue card. The country cottage image and sentiment panel are from Paper Boutique Vol III. I used a nestie to cut the shape around the cottage, layered it onto more parcel paper and trimmed around leaving a small edge, this was then layered onto blue card and attached to the card front with foam pads. I also printed a second cottage to layer up over the first. I made the rose with Tim Holtz's Tattered Florals die.
Not sure if I managed the clean look but I'm pleased with the way it turned out.



I made a matching insert and thought I'd show you a close up of my rose, not bad for a first attempt I didn't think.

Hop over to the Polkadoodles blog and see what inspired the other girls and hopefully find something to inspire you to join in too.

I am entering this card into the following challenges.


Cute Card Thursday - No Designer Paper
Delightful Challenges - Stitching real or faux
City Crafter Challenge - House
Share this article :

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Total Pageviews

Followers

Powered by Blogger.
 
Copyright © 2013. loveyouwithcookies - All Rights Reserved
Proudly powered by Blogger